This section contains the Human Ecosystem Relazioni’s scientific publications. In particular: books and manuals dedicated to Human Ecosystems, reports and publications originated from research and workshops, book chapters, articles in journals and proceedings at international conferences. Most materials are available online at the reference link: we invite academics, researchers, students and curious people to get in touch for further information.
The book DUA – Digital Urban Acupuncture. Human Ecosystems and the Life of Cities in the Age of Communication, Information and Knowledge (S. Iaconesi, O. Persico, Springer, 2016) contains the description of the techniques, methodologies and technologies used in Human Ecosystems Relazioni, as well as some meaningful use cases. The book constitutes a perfect starting point to construct the base for courses and masters which deal with the connection between cities, technology, human behavior. It explores digital public space and the dynamics of collaboration and participation which can be constructed there.
- Il Terzo Infoscape. Dati, informazioni e saperi nella città e nuovi paradigmi di interazione urbana, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in S, Arcagni, (ed.) I Media Digitali e l’Interazione Uomo-Macchina (p. 139-168). Roma: Aracne Editore (2015);
- An Emotional Compass: Emotions on Social Networks and a new Experience of Cities, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in Augmented Reality Art: From an Emerging Technology to a Novel Creative Medium, parte delle Springer Series on Cultural Computing, V. Geroimenko (Ed.), New York: Springer. ISBN 978-3-319-06202-0 (2014);
- Societing and the Co-Creation of the City, S. Iaconesi, O. Persico, in A. Giordano (ed.), A. Arvidsson (ed), “Societing Reloaded. Pubblici produttivi e innovazione sociale”. Milan, Italy: Egea. ISBN/EAN: 9788823833401 (2013)
Analytical report on the theme of “collaboration” in the city of Bologna, created with the city administration’s policy for collaborative action. The report is the result of more than 6 months of continuous observation, from may to december 2015, and has been diffused in february 2017.
The 8th report by Fondirigenti, published in 2014. It confronts with the theme of “Generating the managerial class. Between education and work, a passage which needs to be reconstructed.”. HER curated chapter 2 “Interpretation of social media conversations” (pp 87-111).
A market research dedicated comprehend the developments in the production and consumption of information in the near future. A new methodology between big data, digital ethnography, standard research and Near Future Design.
Here you can find Human Ecosystems Relazioni’s scientific articles and publications, dealing with our work, research, technologies, data and initiatives we produce::
- Constrained Cities: Echo Chambers and Filter Bubbles in the physical spaces of the city. S. Iaconesi and O. Persico in Post Internet Cities, (2017). Also here in narrative science, on E-Flux.
- HOME, Quando gli edifici diventano senzienti. Iaconesi, S., Persico, P. (2017) HOME, Quando gli edifici diventano senzienti. Roots & Routes, ANNO VII, n.26, ISSN 2039-5426;
- Interface and Data Biopolitics in the Age of Hyperconnectivity. Implications for Design. Published in Open Access by the European Academy of Design Conference (Proceedings) 2017;
- Entering the Space of Data. J. Sleigh, in Journal of Visual and Media Anthropology, Vol. 2 No. 1, 2016, pp. 25 – 39. Published by the Research Area Visual and Media Anthropology Freie Universität Berlin (2016);
- Data and the City: moving from surveillance and control to the Ubiquitous Commons, S. Iaconesi O. Persico , in proceedings “Hybrid City III: Data to the People”, pubblicato da URIAC – University Research Institute of Applied Communication in collaborazione con il Laboratorio di Nuove tecnologie della Facoltà di Comunicazione e Media Studies dell’Università di Atene, pp. 26-39 (2015);
- The Real-time Lives of Cities: Digital Public Spaces as a New Space for Public Art in the Information Era, S. Iaconesi, in “The International Journal of New Media, Technology and the Arts”, Volume 9, Issue 2, pp.11-22 (2015);
- Urban Acupuncture in the era of Ubiquitous Media, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in Journal of Community Informatics, Vol 10, No 3, Special Issue: Community Informatics and Urban Planning (2014);
- HUMAN ECOSYSTEMS: Observing the real-time life of cities to foster novel forms of participation, S. Iaconesi, O. Persico in CUMULUS Aveiro 2014 conference proceeding (2014)
- Infoscapes: ecosistemi umani emergenti, S. Iaconesi, in Wilfing Architettura Vol. 28 (2014);
- An Emotional Compass. Harvesting Geo-located Emotional States: from User Generated Content on Social Networks and Using them to Create a Novel Experience of Cities, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in proceedings “ESSEM 2013 – Emotion and Sentiment in Social and Expressive Media: approaches and perspectives from AI“, pubblicato dall’Università di Torino (2013);
- Iaconesi, S. (2015). Emotional Landmarks in Cities. The Emotional Life of Cities as Expressed on Social Networks. Sociologica, 3. doi:10.2383/82482