- Il Terzo Infoscape. Dati, informazioni e saperi nella città e nuovi paradigmi di interazione urbana, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in S, Arcagni, (ed.) I Media Digitali e l’Interazione Uomo-Macchina (p. 139-168). Roma: Aracne Editore (2015);
- An Emotional Compass: Emotions on Social Networks and a new Experience of Cities, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in Augmented Reality Art: From an Emerging Technology to a Novel Creative Medium, parte delle Springer Series on Cultural Computing, V. Geroimenko (Ed.), New York: Springer. ISBN 978-3-319-06202-0 (2014);
- Societing and the Co-Creation of the City, S. Iaconesi, O. Persico, in A. Giordano (ed.), A. Arvidsson (ed), “Societing Reloaded. Pubblici produttivi e innovazione sociale”. Milan, Italy: Egea. ISBN/EAN: 9788823833401 (2013)
A documented case history of a speculative design learning experience in Rome:
- 100 people enrolled from all around the world;
- 40 selected participants;
- 5 intensive days of workshops;
- 5 speculative design concepts;
- an exhibit;
- an epic conclusion.
Neorural Futures documents for students and professionals how we designed and realized the international summer school of the Speculative Edu project.
How does the life of the city of Venice interact with the life of the Biennale? An artwork made with real-time city-data brings the possibility to observe the life of the city, and opens up to new forms of research. The booklet explores the results and brings the opinions of experts.
Here you can find Human Ecosystems Relazioni’s scientific articles and publications, dealing with our work, research, technologies, data and initiatives we produce:
- When my child is AI. Learning and experiencing through AI outside the school: the experiences of a community AI. S. Iaconesi, O. Persico (2021) on QTimes Journal of Education, Anno XIII, Numero 1. ISSN 2038-3282
- Constrained Cities: Echo Chambers and Filter Bubbles in the physical spaces of the city. S. Iaconesi and O. Persico in Post Internet Cities, (2017). Also here in narrative science, on E-Flux.
- HOME, Quando gli edifici diventano senzienti. Iaconesi, S., Persico, P. (2017) HOME, Quando gli edifici diventano senzienti. Roots & Routes, ANNO VII, n.26, ISSN 2039-5426;
- Interface and Data Biopolitics in the Age of Hyperconnectivity. Implications for Design. Published in Open Access by the European Academy of Design Conference (Proceedings) 2017;
- Entering the Space of Data. J. Sleigh, in Journal of Visual and Media Anthropology, Vol. 2 No. 1, 2016, pp. 25 – 39. Published by the Research Area Visual and Media Anthropology Freie Universität Berlin (2016);
- Data and the City: moving from surveillance and control to the Ubiquitous Commons, S. Iaconesi O. Persico , in proceedings “Hybrid City III: Data to the People”, pubblicato da URIAC – University Research Institute of Applied Communication in collaborazione con il Laboratorio di Nuove tecnologie della Facoltà di Comunicazione e Media Studies dell’Università di Atene, pp. 26-39 (2015);
- The Real-time Lives of Cities: Digital Public Spaces as a New Space for Public Art in the Information Era, S. Iaconesi, in “The International Journal of New Media, Technology and the Arts”, Volume 9, Issue 2, pp.11-22 (2015);
- Urban Acupuncture in the era of Ubiquitous Media, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in Journal of Community Informatics, Vol 10, No 3, Special Issue: Community Informatics and Urban Planning (2014);
- HUMAN ECOSYSTEMS: Observing the real-time life of cities to foster novel forms of participation, S. Iaconesi, O. Persico in CUMULUS Aveiro 2014 conference proceeding (2014)
- Infoscapes: ecosistemi umani emergenti, S. Iaconesi, in Wilfing Architettura Vol. 28 (2014);
- An Emotional Compass. Harvesting Geo-located Emotional States: from User Generated Content on Social Networks and Using them to Create a Novel Experience of Cities, S. Iaconesi O. Persico, in proceedings “ESSEM 2013 – Emotion and Sentiment in Social and Expressive Media: approaches and perspectives from AI“, pubblicato dall’Università di Torino (2013);
- Iaconesi, S. (2015). Emotional Landmarks in Cities. The Emotional Life of Cities as Expressed on Social Networks. Sociologica, 3. doi:10.2383/82482